Sunday, May 01, 2005

Pull Up The People Hombre


M.I.A.
Originally uploaded by Marapect.
I'm not gonna go into length about how exciting, amazing and inventively provocative M.I.A.'s debut "Arular" is. I'm just going to say that I think this is easily in the top 5 of 2005 and it will hold that spot for so many different reasons.

If nothing else, Maya makes me have such a great, awnry, excited and passionate feeling in my stomach. She's raunchy, smart, beautiful talented, all of that shit, and more than anything, she represents about 80 different cool things lacking in modern music that hasn't been cursed with the title "World".

I will just say that I love this album, I sit down to make a summer mix cd and it ends up just being "Arular".

M.I.A. will reward you for your deviance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home