Thursday, June 30, 2005

Terrifying!




Let me just say this: 1) Tom Cruise - as of late, he may have gone off the deep end as a real human being, but as an actor, he's top notch, the real deal. 2) I just need to inform all to see this movie as soon as possible. It contains the greatest action (and might I say horror) sequence in the history of the cinema. It left me shaking and speechless.

My full review to follow tomorrow (along with several others, I imagine). In the meantime, for those of you looking for more where Spielberg came from, look no further and listen to the entire radio broadcast by Orson Welles of the H.G. Wells novel that originally shook the nation as well as an appealing interview between both Welles and Wells about the historical broadcast.

Both can be found here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Smokey said...

Teehee. Last night I sat next to Chad and we were in fits of giggles during "The Minivan Shot". I just ran into the dialogue editor for WOTW and told him how much I enjoyed both his work and the film and in particular the clarity of The Minivan Shot. He promptly responded, "Let me show you how they did it." Then he did. I wish I could divulge more but I can't be certain this is a secure line. Suffice to say, that's the best shot in a movie since the mirror shot of Contact, as Harry Knowles has allready said.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Keegan DeWitt said...

this film is a horrifying shit-show of awfulness.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home